Shower problem - Triton Zante II no water coming out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Got a Triton Zante II fitted at home. This morning it's stopped working.

This morning it started spluttering (intermittent flow from the shower-head) with the low pressure LED lighting intermittently. When I looked at it it did the same then completely stopped. Power light is lit and so is the 'low pressure' LED, when you start it, but no water flowing.

Not sure if it is related or not, the last time it worked was last night. using it to rinse the bath before I ran a bath for the baby I started running the hot water (in the bath) before switching the shower unit off, the low pressure indicator did light up and I shut the shower off at that point.

Can't really afford to replace the shower at the minute so if there is any parts I can test/replace myself if would be great. anyone give me a starter for 10?

Sponsored Links
More likely the solenoid coil has failed.
check the coil for resistance with multi meter.
should be 3.4 kohms or above.

I'm with Seco, solenoid is a dead common problem on these. The Shower Doctor has a video showing how they're replaced.

Cheers.

Tested the solenoid and got no reading whatsoever. Is that what you'd expect to see? Though I'd get at least some reading (Tested a light bulb and that gave a reading so not the multimeter).

Solenoids only a tenner so going to order one. Fitting looks a bit of a 'mare on the Zante II's there is a bit of casing right behind it so going to have to remove the whole thing to get it off. Anyone got any experience of this on this model and how difficult it is (bearing in mind I'm a complete novice)?

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/media/997740/zanteii_fittingbook.pdf Zante II instructions if it helps....

Sponsored Links
Tested the solenoid and got no reading whatsoever. Is that what you'd expect to see?

yep it's failed.

Though I'd get at least some reading (Tested a light bulb and that gave a reading so not the multimeter).

A light bulb will only tell you that you have 230v to the solenoid coil.
Thats why it will light the bulb.
Your checking the solenoid for resistance not volts.

Fitting looks a bit of a 'mare on the Zante II's there is a bit of casing right behind it so going to have to remove the whole thing to get it off.

Yep
You have to remove most of the internals.
if you isolate the water supply.
remove inlet water pipe from the inlet assembly.
undo the 2 screws holding inlet assembly, 2 screws holding outlet pipe, and 2 screws holding heat can then you can lift the whole lot foreward to remove solenoid.

Some find it just as easy to unscrew the mains cable and remove shower from wall and lay flat on a worktop saves dropping the lot when unscrewed in to the bath/shower tray.

Though I'd get at least some reading (Tested a light bulb and that gave a reading so not the multimeter).

A light bulb will only tell you that you have 230v to the solenoid coil.
Thats why it will light the bulb.
Your checking the solenoid for resistance not volts.

:) Badly worded by me there. I mean to say I tested the resistance of an unscrewed light bulb with the multimeter.

Thanks for the rest of the instructions, sounds like it's worth a go. Cheers for your help.

Cheers Seco And Delta, got the part and fitted today. Working like a charm. Off to have a shower. :)

Working like a charm.

Glad to hear it.
ok-wink.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back