No Water from Triton Zante 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I will give you some background:

2 months ago I bought and fitted a Triton Madrid II Shower.
Everything was fine, then I had to fit new coving which meant moving the pullcord, I accidentally wired it up wrong and it made a loud bang and tripped the fuse at the board. After correctly wiring up the switch everything was fine, then a few days later the shower wouldn't switch on, no water was coming out.

I assumed I had damaged the shower so I purchased a Triton Zante 3, this time I took extra care to make sure I didnt make any mistakes, but no water is coming out, I havent been able to get past the commissioning stage in the instruction manual, i.e. the point where you just run cold water through the tank before heating it up.

Can someone please help, I am starting to smell and my girlfriend is very unhappy :(

Sponsored Links
are you getting a light on the pullcord ?
is the power neon lit on the shower ?

Hi

Thanks for replying so quickly,

I didn't use an isolation valve, its polypipe that swops to a flexi hose (which isn't kinked) then finally a compression joint onto the shower, this all worked perfectly on the old shower.

Yes the pull cord light is on.

Yes the power light on the shower is on, it does flicker, is that normal?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes the power light on the shower is on, it does flicker, is that normal?

Cheers

no i would say you got a bad connection or a faulty pullcord.
the neon will more likely go out when you try to commission the shower with the on/off button.

check the pullcord connections first one maybe just loose or worst you have damaged/burnt a connection when it went bang.

check the connections in the shower aswell. ;)

I couldn't wait until tomorrow so just nipped to B&Q and bought a new pullcord.

Guess what?

ITS FIXED :) HOORAY!!!!!

Thank you very much

and thanks to the other guy for suggesting the isolation valve
I have "thanked" you both to increase your scores

glad your happy
now you have a spare shower aswell.

2.jpg

i'll give you a
thanks_4.gif
for being a wally and connecting it up wrong in the first place..
smiley3233.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back