Triton Zante 3 shower... Possible blown PRD?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have got a Triton Zante 3 shower, and halfway through a shower last night the pressure suddenly dropped and I then noticed water p***ing out the bottom of the shower unit.

I looked online and everything points to the PRD (the water is coming out of the escape valve). Happy to change this, but as far as I can see the PRD failing can only be caused by either a drop or surge in cold water pressure or a blocked hose/head.

I've detached the hose from the unit and it still throws most of the water out of the bottom, which it surely wouldn't do if it was due to the hose being blocked... Unless it WAS blocked, which 'blew' the PRD, which then stays 'blown' until it's replaced...?

Same goes for the pressure thing. My other half has a habit of washing up the bloody dishes when I'm having a shower, causing me no end of alternating scalding and ice showers. Could this have blown it? Again, would it then stay 'blown' until replaced or should it have started working again?

Thanks![/img]

Sponsored Links
You are right. Once it opens it stays open. Usually its a disc that can be replaced

A prd is rubber ball that blows out.
Either due to pressure surge or blocked shower head/hose collapsing.

If you can locate the rubber ball by all means refit it if not it's a new prd.

But you must locate why it blew in the first place ie pressure surge or head/hose or the new prd will blow straight away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back