Triton Jade Electric Shower Popping the PRD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Triton Jade electric shower that we fitted in our house when we moved in four years ago. About a year ago, the PRD popped because of a broken hose, but we replaced it with a better quality hose and replaced the PRD.

All was fine till about a month ago. The PRD popped again, and we checked the hose and head all was fine. It lasted about 2 weeks before it popped again. This time we replaced the shower head as a precaution, and again checked the hose. Tonight the PRD has popped yet again.

Is there any other reason the PRD could be popping? When it has been going recently there is no warning, no drop in water pressure from the head, nothing. One minute its fine, the next, hot water spewing out the emergency exit hose. Replace the PRD, its fine for maybe a week or two, then goes again.

Surely it can't be time to replace the shower unit? 4 years? Hardly a long lasting piece of equipment if so?

Thx.
Steve

Sponsored Links
The ones with 1 year guarantee seem to last 53 weeks and they're in the bin. They seem very fussy about scale - you could try descaling.

Are you seriously saying that a shower unit that costs £80 from Homebase that has lasted 4 years is poor value for money :eek:

Stan

Yeah! My parents have shower in their bathroom that cost less than that and was fitted in the mid '80's with no issues, so yeah poor value for money.

I'm not against buying a new shower, but whats the point in spending another £80 when it could be repaired for less than a tenner.

Anyways, if it means descaling the heater unit, then I'll just buy a new one anyway. I hear bad things about descaling the heater.

Sponsored Links
KingKobra74 said:
Yeah! My parents have shower in their bathroom that cost less than that and was fitted in the mid '80's with no issues, so yeah poor value for money.

I'm not against buying a new shower, but whats the point in spending another £80 when it could be repaired for less than a tenner.

Anyways, if it means descaling the heater unit, then I'll just buy a new one anyway. I hear bad things about descaling the heater.

I should hope it cost less than that in the mid eighties....we have had 20+ years of inflation since then.

Pannierstan has a very valid point though......£80 for a shower thats lasted 4 years isnt to bad. Can you really begrudge a shower thats kept you and the family clean and fresh for 4 years at a cost that breaks down to a little over 5 pence a day?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back