Triton Vitino concentric shower hard to turn on and off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a Triton thermostatic concentric mixer shower installed when we went for a combi boiler in October 2011. It was from B and Q.

It's always been stiff to turn the flow on and off, I thought it was because it was new, but now it's got to the point where my kids can't even operate it. I have to do it for them. When it gets to the point of shutting off, there is a clunk and the pipes seem to shake.

The temperature knob has begain playing up, hard to turn also. The other day, it wouldn't budge and was too hot for my kids, but they couldn't turn it down.

Is this a water pressure problem or just a crappy designed shower. (I was not too impressed by the quality of the product initially, as the grub screws that hold it together were all different sizes. The riser rail chrome started to bubble up a couple of months ago too.) I looked at the same model displayed in B and Q and the handles are stiff there too.

Sponsored Links
I already have but they liked mentioning, several times, that i would charged £68 if it's not a warranty fault. :eek:

They can't exactly say a stiff flow on/off control is a install fault on your behalf you say it's been like it from day one.
As for the riser rail bubbling aswell.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, in my opinion, it's faulty so I called B and Q first as I just wanted to get a different model, but they said that as water had gone through it, they wouldn't be able to exchange it.
They insisted I call Triton first, which I wasn't happy about, but I don't have the time for a lengthy arguement with them about it.

That's the policy with most showers.
Even ie electric showers if i fit one and a fault occurs it then falls to triton under warranty even on the day of install. ;)

That's good then. They just came across as really pushing the possible £68 charge as if they were checking whether I really wanted an engineer or just wasting their time.[/i]

I surpose that's a good thing in that you could be wasting £68 for just forgetting to turn the water. :rolleyes:

£68 isn't bad compared to what it was.

£68 isn't bad compared to what it was.

Wow, if you have a warranty, you shouldn't expect to pay anything though.
If the product seems faulty, how is the average customer expected to know if it's a fault or not? If there was a fault diagnosis as part of customer service, it would filter out the non warranty calls.

I'm sure there's a fault, that's the main thing. ;)

Wow, if you have a warranty, you shouldn't expect to pay anything though.
No but not all things fall into the 5 yr warranty

If the product seems faulty, how is the average customer expected to know if it's a fault or not?
I see it from your point of view, But believe me some phone for stupid reasons that even fall in to the general up keep of a shower, ie cleaning the shower head regularly

If there was a fault diagnosis as part of customer service, it would filter out the non warranty calls.
There is but yours won't come up, ie banging pipes can be pressure or non clipped pipes.
Stiff flow on/off sounds like a faulty cartridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back