Trouble in Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football. Just as bad. Mostly white fellahs.
Like I've been saying all along, it's a typical reaction from the anti-foreigner brigade.
White fellas are at it and no-one on here bats an eyelid
But when a different ethnicity is involved, it suddenly becomes the rage to blame it all on the ethnicity.
It's the hot go-to topic.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We are not in the Indian sub-continent.
Sport transcends geography. I think you wish to portray this as religious, but it is just as much an issue of nationalism especially when you consider that in Leicester there are not only Muslims, but Sihks, Hindus and Christians in the South Asian ethnic communities

Didn't see much aggro at the Lancashire v Kent final yesterday. Think one bloke might have got told off for wearing his cap to back to front.

Sport transcends geography. I think you wish to portray this as religious, but it is just as much an issue of nationalism especially when you consider that in Leicester there are not only Muslims, but Sihks, Hindus and Christians in the South Asian ethnic communities
Reports of the fighting don't mention there being any Christians involved.

Reports of the fighting don't mention there being any Christians involved.
They said "Hindus" in the press report, but is that just perceived bias, did they talk to everyone involved? BTW there are also Christians amongst the Gujerati community in Leicester - I used to work with one.

It was okay at the Tigers game but those who know Leicester know that that area of town is predominantly occupied by asians from Indian and Pakistani heritage. Seems the cricket result kicked off some animosity. Shame really as I could have murdered a good curry after the rugby game but had to settle for hunters chicken. Oh well maybe next time.

It was okay at the Tigers game but those who know Leicester know that that area of town is predominantly occupied by asians from Indian and Pakistani heritage.
There used to be some belting restaurants down Belgrave Gate. Years ago the best one was called something like "Bobby's". I believe the people who owned it were Gujerati, but maybe I have that wrong.

They said "Hindus" in the press report, but is that just perceived bias, did they talk to everyone involved? BTW there are also Christians amongst the Gujerati community in Leicester - I used to work with one.
No amount of pragmatic explanation will rid people of their in-built bigotry.
It's taught to them by their parents in the home, from an early age.

This is being reported consistently as an obviously race/religion based "disturbance", by those who are involed and who observe . It seems silly to try to deny that.
OK, that happens.
Human nature.
Calm it down, but life goes on

Not sure what relevance the Gujarat region has but it's
"At the census 2011, out of 6.04 Crore population, around 5.35 crores (88.57%) have returned themselves as followers of Hindu religion, 58.46 Lakhs (9.67%) as Muslims or the followers of Islam, 5.8 Lakhs (0.96%) as Jain, 3.16 lakhs (0.52%) as Christians. In addition 0.10% Stated as no religion & 0.18% are other religions."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back