Trousers help

For working, I either wear a bib and brace type overall or the full overall, with a zip up the front. The b&b type, have elasticated straps, over the shoulders, which make it easy to bend over at the hip, or the knees. I also keep an old anorak type jacket to hand, for when it's cooler.

I also keep a pair of wellies in the garage /workshop - with elasticated waist waterproof trousers already on the boots, ready to jump into - fire brigade style.

I hate wearing them, but have a couple of pairs of braces. These work well with looser waisted trousers, and stretch as you bend, then the elastcated braces pull the trousers back into position. Strangely, my father always wore both belt and braces, you would never see him out without both.

This thread has been hijacked by Motties ball. I think Trevro will be sorted by now.

Sponsored Links
Get a size lager waste and a pair of heavy duty braces, like Tommy Walsh wore.. I started a few years ago and never felt so comfortable not having a belt digging in at the midriff ..downside is not showing off builders bum:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not being at all sarcastic, this is really my kind of thread!

As I have got bigger, I've always struggled with trousers. Trying to wear them over the belly bulge is no good as they slip down. Wearing them under is literally a pain as (as you mentioned), the belt digs in.

I have tried braces with limited success. They do tend to come unhooked when you least expect it, leading to a low-flying brace clip....
I need a reliable pair that won't come unattached, but have not found any yet.

Maybe I need to attach squares of fabric to the trousers so the buckles have thicker material to bite into?

Sponsored Links

As I have got bigger, I've always struggled with trousers. Trying to wear them over the belly bulge is no good as they slip down. Wearing them under is literally a pain as (as you mentioned), the belt digs in.

I have tried braces with limited success. They do tend to come unhooked when you least expect it, leading to a low-flying brace clip....

Maybe I need to attach squares of fabric to the trousers so the buckles have thicker material to bite into?
Ive got braces with really strong grips but they do weaken over time.
You could try a loosely fitting soft belt that adds thickness or what I have done is pushed a matchstick or thin dowel through the belt loops and clamp the fitting below so it would have to ride up over a thicker lump to slide off if that makes sense

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 40

Get button-on braces

You may need to add buttons to your trousis first.

1695049211008.png

The other day I bought a pair of Snickers for £187.00, In Kaki Green. Look Great and apparently very comfortable. I like the colour and I like to be comfortable at work.

However It seems Im not th only one who likes this design in the Kaki Green as suppliers have run out of them, and I got a refund. So I bought another pair of Kaki Green in from another Snickers range (£76) Didnt have then eithger so I got them to send Blue instead.

Nice comfortable trousers, as tghey should be for £76. But how comfortable must the £187 pair be? I don t think they have air con or cruze control, but I must have them

Sponsored Links
Back