Troweling slab

Did it yesterday. Tamped it to a decent flat level as it was all set up with the battens. Then did a little bit of bull floating but decided to leave it alone as the tamp lines weren't very deep, at this point it was looking like a billiard table but it was quite wet.
Got to this point in 1.5 hours with 3 of us, 2 on the tamp and 1 barrowing and no-one broke a sweat, any less than 3 and we'd have struggled.
Then later on I got on a little square of celotex and floated the whole lot with my plastering float then went back over the whole lot and troweled it. Got blisters and it was hard work (40sqm, 4.5cubes of concrete) but I'm well chuffed with the result which ranges from a bit rough where I floated it too late on, and absolutely mint like a screed where I got the timing right.
Honestly don't think I'll need self levelling at all, absolutely bang on with a 1.8m level everywhere and even the rough bit hasn't got any furrows or stones as I ground it down with the trowel.
If I did it again I'd use the proper mag and steel bull floats and get the timing of exactly when to float and trowel but I basically bottled it this time.
Cheers for all the advice on here, invaluable as always

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back