Trowhawk revisted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies all who remember the old thread .

I worked with a guy lately using a trowhawk.

His feedback-

Great shaped bucket trowel, good size.

Don't last long as the handle breaks off

Only feasible way of using it as a hawk is when beading - to take a scoop out of the bucket onto your trowel .

There you go!

Sponsored Links

His feedback-

Only feasible way of using it as a hawk is when beading - to take a scoop out of the bucket onto your trowel .

There you go!

There ya go Mic,,, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep my hawk as i said before!! Cheers Mucca. ;)

Sponsored Links
A while since I've heard about the trowhawk.

Been half expecting to see it on dragons den!

His feedback-

There you go!
Hello again its been a while but here we go. If the trowel handle has come away from the shaft the manufacturers will replace it as for using it practice with it for a while i am not on here to promote it just to explain the uses of it there is a market out there for it along with the bucket trowel and hawk etc like i have stated before its not just for plastering it has other uses aswell also the feedback from it has a lot of positive attributes the TROWHAWK is alive and well so long live the TROWHAWK its a good quality made tool. Riveted blade .High carbon steel .ergonomic handle .Part Trowel Part hawk hence the name TROWHAWK .Thank you very much for your comments and i will inform the manufacturers of the fault best regards jimfish.

Jimfish -

I didn't think you'd still be keeping an eye on here!

As one who was critical of the product, I thought it fair to give a bit of balance having used one .

I'll tell my mate that he can get it replaced if it breaks, which is good customer service. The Shaft has come away from the blade on the ones he's had.

Do you do a stainless steel version?

Perhaps a wider rib where it joins to the blade would give a better surface area for riveting/welding/joining.

I still think it should be better marketed as a bucket trowel, as it is in no way a replacement for a hawk as the previous marketing clips appeared to suggest. Promoting it as a handier/quicker alternative may be limiting you market by undermining it's credibility with tradesmen.

Hope the business is going well, Can't be easy these times

Jimfish -

I didn't think you'd still be keeping an eye on here!

As one who was critical of the product, I thought it fair to give a bit of balance having used one .

I'll tell my mate that he can get it replaced if it breaks, which is good customer service. The Shaft has come away from the blade on the ones he's had.

Do you do a stainless steel version?

Perhaps a wider rib where it joins to the blade would give a better surface area for riveting/welding/joining.

I still think it should be better marketed as a bucket trowel, as it is in no way a replacement for a hawk as the previous marketing clips appeared to suggest. Promoting it as a handier/quicker alternative may be limiting you market by undermining it's credibility with tradesmen.

Hope the business is going well, Can't be easy these times
Thank you mic for your comments please contact multi- stroke limited who manufacture it they have a web site and they will replace it .Also as you say we are trying to market it as a multi- tool not as a replacement for the hawk but a tool for different aplications such as tiling .pointing .rendering .all pre mixed aps that are taken straight from containers such as tile ad.mono renders .etc intumesent coatings and so on.i plaster full rooms with it but it needs to be practiced with there are a lot of plasterers who now use it to skim with also its good in small areas where the spot and stand and flatboard cannot be set up it a good piece of kit to have in the tool bag like for plumbers and sparkies who do patch work after chaneling and runnning in pipe work best regards jimfish.

His feedback-

There you go!
Hello again its been a while but here we go. If the trowel handle has come away from the shaft the manufacturers will replace it as for using it practice with it for a while i am not on here to promote it just to explain the uses of it there is a market out there for it along with the bucket trowel and hawk etc like i have stated before its not just for plastering it has other uses aswell also the feedback from it has a lot of positive attributes the TROWHAWK is alive and well so long live the TROWHAWK its a good quality made tool. Riveted blade .High carbon steel .ergonomic handle .Part Trowel Part hawk hence the name TROWHAWK .Thank you very much for your comments and i will inform the manufacturers of the fault best regards jimfish.
Now being made from stainless steel also the rivets are stainless hence good British made quality trowel no rust very robust and durable there you go it's a trowel with many uses a hawk being just one of them thank you from james fisher creator inventor of the Trowel-Hawk .

TROWHAWK its a good quality made tool.
Its that good the handle falls off!!!!!! :eek:

ok send it back and it will be replaced free of charge these trowels have stainless steel rivets so if its been used for something else like useing it to prise off tiles or pushing things it should not be used for I will know ?

ok send it back and it will be replaced free of charge these trowels have stainless steel rivets so if its been used for something else like useing it to prise off tiles or pushing things it should not be used for I will know ?
you can find the return address at www.Trowhawk.co.uk there you can phone us and I will be able to take your details and you can return the broken trowel to me lets see ok thank you james . I am still waiting for your reply skimmers or are you the same as danno9

I want a trowhawk and would be happy to pay £10.00 for one as someone else mentioned previously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back