Trump on Covid 19

Its sensible for America to temporarily ban travel from mainland Europe (France, Spain, Germany) - they have been hit hard, relative to the US, particularly when you look at cases per capita. The UK with its physical boarders is well below where it should be in the rankings. We should be showing low thousands by now, given our population density and climate.

You cannot rely on US figures as they are not testing enough.

We are not testing enough either. Medical staff are not being tested.

Speaking to GPs they have been signing off death certs for old people in nursing homes dying off pneumonia but as they were never tested it doesn't come up as a Corona death.

We are past our seasonal flu season but old people are dying from pneumonia. It's likely the virus is way way more widespread.

Italy high death rate is due to having an older population, who are X2 more likely to be smokers and cultural they have more skin contact.

Sponsored Links
Who should we test?
If someone tests negative, should they be retested a day or some days later?
Should negative testers be isolated anyway?

We are not testing enough either.
Is there any real point in testing? You might test negative one day but get infected the following day, now that the virus is out there in the environment and can remain viable on plastic and other surfaces for a considerable time.

Sponsored Links
I have not looked out of my window today, so I can confidently say I have seen no evidence of rain.

Does that mean it's not raining?

Trump has beaten you to the line with that argument.

You cannot rely on US figures as they are not testing enough.

We are not testing enough either. Medical staff are not being tested.

Speaking to GPs they have been signing off death certs for old people in nursing homes dying off pneumonia but as they were never tested it doesn't come up as a Corona death.

We are past our seasonal flu season but old people are dying from pneumonia. It's likely the virus is way way more widespread.

Italy high death rate is due to having an older population, who are X2 more likely to be smokers and cultural they have more skin contact.

You get to speak to GP's?

Back