Trusty Baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help with an issue which has started on my ancient yet trusty boiler.

I've recently noticed that it seems to have trouble with the flame and will sometimes have to reignite.

This seem to be happening only when heating the hot tap and not central heating although this may just be because it's close to the sink and I notice it.

With the panel open, when it does it the tap light stays lit, so I'm pretty sure it's not the diverter valve micro switch, and the flame light goes out even if temp if less than 30.

The flue seems fine and fan works as should. Motherboard and gas valve where changed a couple of years ago.

My thoughts where either flame sensor or heat sensor on the water pipe but then earlier just after the tap was turned off and boiler back in standby it decided to fire up again for about a minute. A bit like it was doing its frost protection but strange as it hasn't been a cold day so I'm not sure now if I should go down the sensor route or yet another motherboard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back