TRV as cylinder stat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever seen a TRV located on the heating circuit feed into the HW cylinder, adjacent to the cylinder, being used as a cylinder stat?

Sponsored Links
What you are descibing sounds like a Drayton Tap Stat. It will have a sensor fitted to the HW cylinder that is attached to the stat by a small copper wire.

It is not a TRV ;)

Might well be a wire in there - bit dark and pokey in that cupboard. Looks remarkably like one of their TRV's; but I guess it's a good way to make a product have multi uses.

Thanks

they are used if you have a Gravity feed to the HW cylinder. Take care of it, they are very expensive (round about £100).

The "wire" is actually a very thin tube with a thermostatic pressure vial on the end, which is (should be) strapped to the cylinder. You can adjust the temp of the hot water with the adjusting knob on the valve.

It is very important not to cut or damage the tube.

Sponsored Links
Ok, thanks. Now I understand why it is there. I won't go near it, as it's all working at the moment (You know how it is as a plumber - you walk into a room and anything you stand near to chooses to fail...!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back