TRV Caps wont fit..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The TRV valve heads of the radiators were broken (the valve is still there as in photo). And the original company is charging a bomb for replacement heads. So I went to B&Q and took somebodies advice there and bought TRV valve heads from some other brand and they said that these will fit the valves. I have tried a lot to push and lock them on the valves, but with no success!!..they just dont fit..!!

The problem I notice is that (pls refer to the photos). The metal valve has a hex nut on top where the cap is supposed to fit and lock. But the locking bit of the new head is not really hex in shape, it looks to me more like a square. I cant figure out if this is the reason or something else. Maybe I am trying to fit it in a wrong manner or its just that as the valve is of pegler (terrier) brand and the replacement head I bought is of a different brand.

If some how the images are not loading, heres the link to my album
//www.diynot.com/network/SIDD/albums/ View media item 14148 View media item 14149 View media item 14186 View media item 14187 View media item 14188

Sponsored Links
Well, the incompetance of B&Q staff is very well known!

Anyone in the trade would have told you that you need the original part!

If you have kept the B&Q receipt then you will be able to get a refund!

Tony

SIDD,

As we said yesterday, contact pegler, they will either supply you direct or will tell you a locak stockist.

Rico

You can buy the whole valve for less than 12quid :eek:

Looking at the pin in the photo, it looks stuck and leaks anyway.

Sponsored Links
SIDD,

As we said yesterday, contact pegler, they will either supply you direct or will tell you a locak stockist.

Rico

Rico,

I had called pegler this morning after I put this topic n also mailed them a photo of the valve cap n all, they said that the model is very old and they dont have any replacement parts for it....so to cut a long story short..i will have to replace the valves..

thanks for your support mate..!!

Thanks all for your help...

I called the valve company and they dont have spares as the valve model is too old...so its new valves for me..!! (god knows how i will manage that.. :confused: )

Cheers

(god knows how i will manage that.. :confused: )

Cheers

the man in bq will be able to advise you.
drunk-irish-048.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back