TRV head replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have Myson TRV heads fitted on my radiators and a few of them have stopped working.

Can anyone pls advice if you can replace them with another brand or does it have to be a Myson brand only?

I have been offered Drayton ET30 heads (haven’t bought them yet), will they fit?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
You're going to need to be a bit more specific than "Myson heads". Myson have made a lot of different heads over the years. A couple of photos would help

Photos attached

Attachments

• 673D727D-1801-40ED-934F-598B908F8B0F.jpeg
    673D727D-1801-40ED-934F-598B908F8B0F.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 804EB5EE-66E0-42C3-8A45-AB59115A5843.jpeg
    804EB5EE-66E0-42C3-8A45-AB59115A5843.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 158
Sponsored Links
Electronic heads start at around £9, I have bought 5 and £15 each and they are designed to fit a range of bases, with mine there are 4 error codes, one clearly discharged battery, but also valve too sluggish, actuating range too wide (i.e. not fitted to a valve), actuating range too small (i.e. valve stuck), they also exercise the valve mid day every Saturday so less likely to stick, and you set temperature in °C not *123456 plus can set different temperatures at different times of day or week. I bought the Bluetooth version as hard to see screen when fitted horizontal, there are two cheap makes of electronic valve I have seen the Terrier i30 and the eqiva I bought the latter, who do a manual and bluetooth version. Note bluetooth will only work with one phone.
yes there are far better heads, clearly if boiler is not running when the temperature is scheduled to change, nothing happens, mine do have window open function so if it detects a sharp drop in temperature it will shut of for set time (default 15 minutes) so when I unload car into kitchen the heating turns off while I do it. It says batteries last 2 years, not had these long enough, but had the Energenie ones three years still on original batteries. OK they cost £40 a pop not £15.

However one has to ask, why replace heads with mechanical type, the electronic offer so much extra at such a small extra cost, can't see point in mechanical type. this is where I got mine from but note the non Bluetooth are done in Screwfix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back