TRV compression joint

Sponsored Links
Yes ,I read it the first time. Why are you not able to fit it. That valve has a standard compression fitting to the supply pipe ???

Sponsored Links
the Drayton has the same fitting to the copper pipe. the photos were of the Drayton.
if I could get a TRV with a 3/4" tail fitting and 15mm compression that would solve my problems, but the plumb centre said this was the only one with the 3/4" tail fitting.

Oh ,I thought the valve in your pics was the original. Sounds like you have the commercial version of the 0705153 .

I'll go back to the plumb centre tomorrow, now I know a bit more, and either get the correct one or get a refund.

I should be able to get a 3/4" tail outlet with standard 15mm compression, do you think?

Are you trying to marry up a new valve to the old ones 3/4 union that's still attached to your radiator ?
If so there is a good chance they will not be compatible.

Last edited:
thanks for your patience. the radiator has a threaded hole for the tail that is I assume 3/4" (approx 20mm) , the copper pipe from the boiler is 15mm. . the tail that is currently fitted has a male 3/4" thread and a self sealing 1" nut.
I want a trv body and tail that connects the copper to the radiator. I don't really care how it is done.

20 mm hole in the rad is 1/2 inch BSP thread.
So any TRV that has a 1/2 in.BSP threaded tail ,and a 15 mm compression fitting on the supply pipe inlet will suffice.
You just need to remove the existing tail. And you will need PTFE tape to fit the new tail.

yep I've removed the existing tail, I am confused that 20mm is 1/2" but I am happy if that is the case. .

Half inch bsp Thread isn't measured by the diameter of the hole.
Measure the 3/4 thread on your Drayton it's nearer 1 inch diameter.

yes, I have just been reading up on bsp sizes. I am a metric kid (born 71) and it is things like this that really confuse me give me a M20 bolt any day.

But now I understand that I will go back to the plumb centre and get what I need.

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it, sorry it took so long to get there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back