TRV head 28mm thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm decorating the hall and sweating my bits off because I can't control the rad unless I steal a TRV head from the spare bedroom. The spare one is a "Concerto" head unit but appears to be a 28mm thread to hold it on. I have a new spare Drayton III TRV but this is 30mm for the head unit. Can you guys tell me please;

A. where I can buy a 28mm TRV head unit or installation cover?
or
B. where can I buy an adaptor to convert to the 30mm head? (myson "2 TRV Adap" maybe ?)

I don't really want to pull the whole system down just to fix this one issue until such time as I need to change the rad itself which is only about 5 years old (yep - I'd like to know why the previous owner didn't change it as well....)

Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks.

System is a Potterton PromaxHE on S-plan setup, Honeywell 2P MVs, Grundfos pump, Drayton Digistat RF1 and a hotchpotch of old& new rads (mostly new from Wickes) and about 3 indeterminate makes of TRV.

Sponsored Links
can't advise on where to get a TRV, but in the short term remove the cover from the other valve and close it with a spaner, this will stop the flow so therefore the rad will go cold, open it when you have finished your decorating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back