TRV issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very little plumbing knowledge,but done a lot of reading today and solved some of my queries but am left with a couple.

I have one radiator not heating up and got it down to a faulty/defective trv head,a Myson 2.The radiator heats up with the plastic head off,so the pin and valve appear to be working correctly and it works with another head from another radiator.
My queries are this,can i order any of the 3 nickel plated options here(http://w*w.boilers2go.co.uk/category/Myson_TRV_2_Way)used just as an example and just swap out the head,i.e. is it a standard fitting.
Secondly,would running the radiator without the head cause any issues,as the valve is fully open until i get a replacement-bearing in mind the current postsal issues caused by the weather.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
leaving the head off will not affect your rad at all it will just remain on when your heating is on, as for the valves i dont know your best of ringing the manufacturer tech services first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back