TRV - reversible flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My TRV that came with a towel rad (ECA) says it is reversible flow, but then in the instructions it says pay attention to the flow direction arrow when assembling??

The valve head has an arrow pointing towards the rad connection, and also one pointing towards the water connection.

Does it sound like it can go on either flow or return?

Also, best method for finding flow, turn heating on and leg to heat up first is flow?

Sponsored Links
Hallsy said:
My TRV that came with a towel rad (ECA) says it is reversible flow, but then in the instructions it says pay attention to the flow direction arrow when assembling??

The valve head has an arrow pointing towards the rad connection, and also one pointing towards the water connection.

Does it sound like it can go on either flow or return?

Also, best method for finding flow, turn heating on and leg to heat up first is flow?

fit it, if your pipes start banging then you have dropped a bo***llock. Nowadays the makers make it virtually impossible for gormless Morons to make a mistake. No ;) offence

Sponsored Links
No offence taken.

Here's a good one for you. The lockshield side, how the hell do you shut it off?

On a rad the cover just spins but you can close the valve underneath, this thing just spins and the cover doesn't come off.

Am I just not pulling hard enough!! :rolleyes:

It's these ones that came with the rad http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=22547&ts=91071

Hallsy said:
No offence taken.

Here's a good one for you. The lockshield side, how the hell do you shut it off?

On a rad the cover just spins but you can close the valve underneath, this thing just spins and the cover doesn't come off.

Am I just not pulling hard enough!! :rolleyes:

It's these ones that came with the rad http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=22547&ts=91071[/QUOTE]

Undo the tiny screw :rolleyes: at the top, then remove the cover, if you like, I`ll come around and sharpen your pencil :rolleyes:

Nope, no screw, it was a ****ty push fit design that was very tight. Levered it off in the end :)

I must have been having a blonde moment :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back