TRV's and thermostat location

DavidJW said:
namsag said:
Sorry for hijacking topic,,,,Looking at your plan of house i would put stat in the living room leaving one trv off one of the rads. Stat has to be fitted 5feet from floor and not on an outside wall or near a rad.. Wireless is your only choice if wiring is going to be a pain Drayton and Danfoss are quite good cost from 80 quid for stat to about 120 quid for programable stat

Hijacking?? You have actually given a sensible answer to my question!! :eek:

Do they have anticipators??? I am sure they dont as it happens

Sponsored Links
meant hijacking it last night.. Corgi some sort of anticipator would be built into the cicuit on wireless stats

namsag said:
meant hijacking it last night.. Corgi some sort of anticipator would be built into the cicuit on wireless stats

really? what even on the cheapy Drayton RFs??

I would say so in this day of energy regs etc... The latest basic drayton rf has built in optimum start which is basically a fancy anticipator

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
I would say so in this day of energy regs etc... The latest basic drayton rf has built in optimum start which is basically a fancy anticipator

well boooger me I never knew

:)

I have now purchased the TRV' s, so the next job is installing them!

Does any one have any views as to which is better, TRV on flow or on return? If so why?

corgiman said:
the room stat should be sited in the coldest room (ie landing or hall way) so where it is is ok and just leave the rad in the kitchen without a TRV.

I do have to say that I usually recommend putting the room stat in the room that is mostly occupied so that it better controls the temperature there closely for economy. Putting it in the hallway might be better for a house with most of the rooms occupied much of the time for example if there are a lot of teenagers.

The TRVs are better fitted on the flow but the overiding need is to respond best to the room temperature so I fit them accordingly.

Tony

Agile said:
corgiman said:
the room stat should be sited in the coldest room (ie landing or hall way) so where it is is ok and just leave the rad in the kitchen without a TRV.

I do have to say that I usually recommend putting the room stat in the room that is mostly occupied so that it better controls the temperature there closely for economy. Putting it in the hallway might be better for a house with most of the rooms occupied much of the time for example if there are a lot of teenagers.

The TRVs are better fitted on the flow but the overiding need is to respond best to the room temperature so I fit them accordingly.

Tony

if it is sited there then the RS will be satisfied when the remainder of the house is cold?

dont get the logic tony

Fit the trv on the flow unless some outside influence such as direct sunlight through a patio window is going to affect it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back