TRV'S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
cam anyone help, I am having a new boiler installed and was told i need trv's on all the rads to conform with current regs but my rad valves have
an in and out at the same end and my pipes are microbore is there a valve available for my system because im told not.
many thanks
jammy

Sponsored Links
You dont have to have TRVs if you dont want to. Its just best practice. And no there arent any twin entry TRVs as far as i know.

:) You do NOT have to fit them on all rads with a boiler change only a new installation.

Good practice is, each bedroom; rooms with over sized rads; rooms with house plants; musical instruments, piano;

Never in bathrooms, landing, kitchens or halls :p

:) You do NOT have to fit them on all rads with a boiler change only a new installation.

Good practice is, each bedroom; rooms with over sized rads; rooms with house plants; musical instruments, piano;

Never in bathrooms, landing, kitchens or halls :p

If your refering to TRVs, i have one in my kitchen and bathroom, should they not be there, for some reason?.

Sponsored Links
There is a lot of misinformation being given on here!

Its pretty obvious that the best practice is to have TRVs on all rads.

That is also the latest energy efficiency advice as well.

Tony

There is a lot of misinformation being given on here!

Its pretty obvious that the best practice is to have TRVs on all rads.

That is also the latest energy efficiency advice as well.

Tony

No your room stat is what is used to comply with part L's requirement for a boiler interlock.
The Trv's are for Efficency,comfort and control.

:confused: Whats the point in fitting a TRV in a cold damp bathroom, or large hall
waste os £15, sometimes open your eyes and see if it will actually shut down.

Most rooms have undersized rads, go to a new build, microbore tiny rads with TRV, we have to fit then coz regs say so, rubbish realy.

Old Victorian house full of TRVs watse of money, good earner ;)

More rubbish comments.

New builds have smaller rads and pipe because they have to have smaller heatloss,averagely less than 35W/M2.
If you've ever got involved with heating design you'd understand radiators sized correctly may not need massive pipes.major builders get manufacturers in to do their design not Joe bloggs that is some soletrader that decides every room need a 6x12 k2 under the window.

Don't say you know how to use mears calculator as they're not accurate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back