Trying Their Best To Finish Off Pubs

Wow, you really went through the wars in your relationship....and came through the other side.
It's a hell of a lot to deal with, top man for coping and rebuilding your life.

Having an addict as a partner is most times a recipe to totally fork your life up.

Thanks Notch, as always things could have been worse, I could have been married to a 'remainer'.

Sponsored Links
It could be if I let it I suppose. Me Ma is an alcoholic so I chose to be teetotal through the weekdays, about 10 years ago. I drink modestly at weekends.

So just as I was 'addicted' to the nicotine, you were addicted to the alcohol :)

Alcoholism tends to be hereditary, I don't know why. It's an insidious little disease, some people can have a few drinks or loads of drinks and stop but with alcoholism there's no switch off button, you just have to keep going.

Yes, I had a very technically brilliant boss, whom everyone looked up to, die of alcoholism. Such a waste of a life. I remember taking him with me on trip to Wales, a few weeks before he died. Idea was we had a technical problem and it was to try to get him away from the 'bottle'. Unfortunately he had sneaked a bottle with him into the car, claiming it was water. I'd had to turn round and take him back home.

There has been evidence that it can still cause issues with the respiratory system, however much less than smoking and so the NHS advise it as a useful tool to stop smoking.

That said, in society people still look at e-cigs with disdain.

Noseall post above is proof of that

The jury is still very much still out on that - I have certainly seen several improvements in health, since packing in the ciggies and despite my other health issues which have nothing at all to do with smoking. I think the disdain is mostly a result of the silly people who like to make clouds of vapour, I am not one of those. My partner is very anti-smoking and quite happily sits alongside me, when I vape.

65, never had kids, I didn't want a child growing up and seeing what I saw. One of my biggest regrets because as things turned out she would have been a wonderful mother.

Any regrets not having kids?

What will happen to your estate?

as always things could have been worse, I could have been married to a 'remainer'.
Worse?

So you're married to a xenophobe?

Luckily I don't have that problem with my partner :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back