Trying to adapt from Bristam Wall mount 11 to fit a Mira APT shower woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I stupidly bought a Bristam Wall mount 11 (large letterbox cut out and plastic section with 15mm compression fittings), but didn't know that it is only compatible with Bristam bar showers. I bought a Mira APT ERD a while ago so can't take it back...

So the wall mount is fitted to the wall and the tails are too short to fit the mixer without leaking. Also the rigid riser won't be parallel to the wall... It's about 15mm shorter.

I've bought a tap extension from B N Q https://www.diy.com/departments/flomasta-straight-tap-connector-x-l-32mm/5059340111643_BQ.prd which is about 3 mm too long, but that'll be OK.

2 questions please!

1. How do I seal the tap extension to the tail from the wall mount (there doesn't see to be any 'land' inside to put a rubber washer?
2. On the opposite end (the face which mates with the mixer bar) is quite narrow. Will it seal on the rubber washer/filter or just give me problems?

Really appreciate your wisdom. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20240201_163020.jpg
    20240201_163020.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240201_163027.jpg
    20240201_163027.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The Apt should easily fit onto the Bristan kit if you have installed it correctly.

The Apt should easily fit onto the Bristan kit if you have installed it correctly.
I called Bristan tech who confirmed that they are not compatible. Even did live photos. Nothing wrong with installation.

In that case I don't understand why. The Bristan kit is 3/4 male at 150mm centres, and the Apt is 3/4 female at 150mm centres. Or have I totally misunderstood the problem?

If you can't solve it by putting an extra rubber washer (3/4 washing machine hose ones will do) in the Apt, you might have to try wrapping the male threads of your adaptor in pipe thread cord.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In that case I don't understand why. The Bristan kit is 3/4 male at 150mm centres, and the Apt is 3/4 female at 150mm centres. Or have I totally misunderstood the problem?

If you can't solve it by putting an extra rubber washer (3/4 washing machine hose ones will do) in the Apt, you might have to try wrapping the male threads of your adaptor in pipe thread cord.
Thanks for your input. You are the the same place I was. Correct centres, correct thread size. The problem is that the mounting kit is fitted and then tiled over. The brass tails for the shower mixer to couple to are indeed longer, but not enough. If you put the Mira fixing kit on the tile and measure the Mira tails to the Bristan ones, they are 15mm shorter. I've found that an anerobic sealant will most likely work but now I'm concerned that the end of the end of the adaptor may not have enough meat to seal on the filter/rubber washer. The joy eh !

Thanks for your input. You are the the same place I was. Correct centres, correct thread size. The problem is that the mounting kit is fitted and then tiled over. The brass tails for the shower mixer to couple to are indeed longer, but not enough. If you put the Mira fixing kit on the tile and measure the Mira tails to the Bristan ones, they are 15mm shorter. I've found that an anerobic sealant will most likely work but now I'm concerned that the end of the end of the adaptor may not have enough meat to seal on the filter/rubber washer. The joy eh !
I'm sure I've had this problem in the past and solved it with some chrome adaptors I found on eBay.....!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back