Trying to disconnect zone from Paragon Super II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to disconnect a Zone from my Paragon Super II. When I say disconnect I mean physically disconnect it. My problem is a fault in it is causing the alarm to go off intermittently in day mode (Yes day mode). The wire to the door sensor is damaged which happens to go into a solid wall so I am unable to replace it, if I wiggle the wire the alarm sounds on and off. I have excluded it from the control panel but it still goes off even in day mode so I suspect there is a short somewhere which is causing the alarm to go off.

On the attached picture it is zone 3 which I want to disconnect but I am sure it is not as simple as disconnecting the blue and yellow wire.

Does anybody know how to physically disconnect it ?

Many thanks
IMG_3583.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply.

It is a magnetic sensor on patio doors. I thought it was strange but when I wiggle the wire the external alarm goes off and on (not continuous).

I guess another alternative is to totally power off/disconnect the whole system but I am unsure how to do that as well.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the quality but no light outside. This is fairly new (the bell box circa 2016) as the old one was corroded.
IMG_5706.jpg

Power it down that bell has a cut off timer of 15mins …..do it in the daytime…..remove the pull out fuse if it doesn’t have a fuse spur at the side of the control panel..

Attachments

• 03A7436A-B083-4975-B4C5-C54BC554080C.jpeg
    03A7436A-B083-4975-B4C5-C54BC554080C.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 53
Brilliant, so if I disconnect all power to the entire unit the bell will sound for just 15 mins and then it will never sound again because power is cut to the entire alarm system . Is that correct ?

Thank you, just one last question, the power cable goes to behind the wooden board that the consumer unit is fitted on but it shares an RCD/Fuse switch or whatever you call them (sorry for the ignorance). If I power off the entire House via the mains switch and then remove the two glass fuses in my first picture will that do the same job as powering the whole alarm unit off ?

Sorry just viewed your post on my PC not phone and I can see you say remove the fuse as in your red circled diagram. So no need to power down the entire house just pull the thing you circled

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back