Trying to fix leaking tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leaking tap/faucet in my kitchen. I am trying to do the following:
(1) tighten it see if the leak stops or (2) change the washers.
I have looked at videos on youtube how to do this and they show different type of taps/faucet. In one video they show changing the washer with spanner and in another video using Allen key to get to the washer. However on my I am unable to get to the washer.
I thought I can access washer by taking of the very small plastic cover on the tap. I anticipated that once the red plastic cover is taken off (picture attached), then I will be able to access the washer, perhaps by taking of a screw with flat blade screw driver. However I am unable to take off the plastic. How else can I tighten the tap to stop the leak or change the washer to stop the leak?

Sponsored Links
They look like ceramic cartridge taps and you may have problems getting spares for them if that is the case.
I would get new taps if I were you. Lot less hassle or you could just buy some tap converters.
To remove the top remove the red indices and there will be a screw below it. Once removed the tap head should pull off. Brute force or coaxing required.
Jeff

>just buy some tap converters.
Sorry please explain what are tap converters

Sponsored Links
Hi there, before i start I thought I'd mention that I work for Hart Home Interiors, the parent company of Notjusttaps. Whilst trawling for some DIY help I stumbled upon this post and thought it was only right to mention that they sell a wide range of tap spares including valves and cartridges that fit most taps available in the UK and Europe. You may find what your looking for here and hopefully save money. The sales team are very knowledgeable and are happy to offer free advice. www.notjusttaps.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back