Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a previous post and on advise I have revised my question :

I have already installed a shower light with fan, but this was not
strong enough so I have insalled an additional fan no problems up till
now. I have fed the wiring back to the existing double switch again
ok so far. Now the problem.

For the back of the switch see attached photo.

switch.jpg

The new fan has three wires L N LS the problem is that I am unsure as to how to connect to the existing switch to power the extractor

Many Thanks
Panzer

Sponsored Links
your link doesnt work because you have / in the first brackets, you can use the edit button to correct it.

link Ls to L

And as I said before, what do the 2 rockers on this switch control?

You dont seem to understand how that switch works.

Imagine the 6 terminals in 2 triangles. "L2 - Empty, L1 - Existing fan and COM - Existing fan" from the LHS are ONE SWITCH.

"L2 empty, L1 mains and COM mains" are another entirely different switch, electrically seperate from the first.

Therefore your labels are utterly incorrect.

All you have there is TWO PERMENANT LIVES and TWO SWITCHED LIVES

So I ask, what TWO appliances does this switch control?

You appear not to have any neutrals there, so you cannot take a feed from here to an extra appliance.

Sorry, am new to using Forums, Switch 1 controls the main bathroom light and switch 2 controls the existing shower fam/light

Sponsored Links
Yes you can, it will work......but you *should* feed it via a TP switch.

Take your new fan cable back to the current fan you already have installed - not the switch. Join L and Ls if your original fan is not a timed version.

See your other post also for my other comments.

see what making 2 posts on the same topic does, causes confusion, perhaps a nice mod will remove the other one?

From my other post in the other thread.....

You have taken the cable back to the switch - this is your error. Find where the other fans cable goes backto.

By the look of it, one switch does the light and the other the fan?

With these shower fan lights, I often quote the customer for the standard kit, with the option to ditch the supplied axial fan and replacing it with a Vent axia ACM100 - costing circa £100. The difference is enormous.

There are cheaper high volume centrigual fans, but the Vent Axia is the top dog.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back