Trying to get an apprentiship

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I live in Scotland and I contacted the Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust (SECTT) which is a non-profit making organisation that is concerned only with the training of apprentices within the SJIB Apprenticeship Scheme.

I sat a test last year and passed, which meant my name would be added to their list, and come May this year, they would forward my details on to potential employers, in the hope I can start come August, as thats when college starts.

I have also written to some companys, but does anyone else know how to get an apprentiship in Scotland???

Just seems impossible, and if SECTT doesn't work out, cant see my career change happening.

Sponsored Links
No electricity in Aberdeen?! That's probably where our electricity comes from!

Iwould suggest you write to all local companies with your CV and a covering letter

I must admit there are more calls from people looking for apprenticeship work than usual

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back