Trying to pressurize Worcester boiler ... leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have not used our heating yet this year, but thought we would this evening.

An error is showing on the boiler which look s like -11-

the pressure needle is on the red / green line .. so I assume the pressure is too low ... I repressurized it last year I think

I insert the white key .. turn it to the locked padlock position, then turn the wee white knob .. i assumed to add water to the system, but water starts to pour out instead. .. there must be something I'm doing wrong.

Yes, I'll phone our gas engineer on Monday .. boiler probably could do with a service anyway ... but is there an easy fix for the leaking water problem

The hot water has never had any problems.

Sponsored Links
Remove the key, and smear some vaseline or similar onto O rings, you will then be able to insert if fully, it won't leak then.
Firstly, many thanks for your reply.
I wasn't pushing it in hard enough, so did it again and all seemed fine ... water rushing into the system.
I let the pressure get to 1.5.
With great excitement I turned on the heating, with the thermostat .. the temperature creeped up on the boiler, then oh dear... the code -11- flashed again.
I'll phone the gas engineer on Monday

If you turn the power off and back on you will get that code, it means the boiler is re-filling the condensate syphon , it is not a fault, just power it on and leave it, the boiler will revert to normal mode after a few mins , all perfectly normal, the boiler will do this every time you interrupt the power

Sponsored Links
If you turn the power off and back on you will get that code, it means the boiler is re-filling the condensate syphon , it is not a fault, just power it on and leave it, the boiler will revert to normal mode after a few mins , all perfectly normal, the boiler will do this every time you interrupt the power
Brilliant !
All working now ... well I've turned it off again now ... we can live with '10 minute boosts' as and when required.
many thanks

Better leaving the boiler powered up and use the controller to switch heating on/off- assuming it's system or combi, the boiler runs various devices (pump mainly) once a day to prevent them from seizing up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back