trying to repair a sink (vitreous china)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to repair the sink pictured below.

http://s4.postimg.org/gyp94j1zh/2015_02_20_18_32_52.jpg
(the length between the two blue lines is 13 inches)

while it is incredibly bad that sink is discontinued,so i cant buy it. until i can find one similar enough, i just want to patch it up and give it some kind of white enamel coating. the material of the sink is vitreous china as far as i am aware.

i have had a little look but the stuff i have seen seems aimed at people fixing small holes, you dont get much of it and it is expensive. i think i am looking for something a guy that repairs sinks would use.

thanks, john.

Sponsored Links
You can't really repair washbasins like that. Even if you could the bits might drop on someone's toes if the adhesive failed.
If you can't get a direct replacement, I'd just get one that was somewhere near the same from Wickes or somewhere and fit that, rather than wasting time trying to make a repair.
The repair stuff like "Milliput" is meant for chip repair mostly on china jugs and so on.
Just my take mind. Someone may know where to get an exact replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back