Trying to replace existing TRV with Z-Wave Danfoss LC-13 Living Connect Radiator Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, struggling here trying to replace existing Drayton TRV with Danfoss. The Danfoss has 2 adapters RA and M30 but neither fit. The M30 appears to be just a little too small. My existing Drayton TRV is old. What adapter do I need?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    429.4 KB · Views: 433
Sponsored Links
Good evening Mick,

The RA is for an old Danfoss valve. The M30 is for standard thread fittings, so should fit, which bit is too small? Your Drayton looks like it’ll accept the adapter.

The Danfoss came with the 2 adapters, they fit to the Danfoss but not to the existing radiator. The M30 is just a little too small.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit, unless you purchased a different pack? Where did you purchase it from? Next step might be contacting Danfoss, your TRV is a Drayton TRV 3, it’s not that old so adapter should fit if it’s required.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I bought from a store. I have newer radiators as well here, the Danfoss using the M30 adapter connects perfectly. So I have 2 types of existing TRV and they are not interchangable. I've just ordered a 28mm to 30mm adapter. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit, unless you purchased a different pack? Where did you purchase it from? Next step might be contacting Danfoss, your TRV is a Drayton TRV 3, it’s not that old so adapter should fit if it’s required.
If you are sure it is a TRV3 (I was my first thought as the head seemed different from the TRV4) then the thread is different so neither Danfoss adapter will fit. Drayton used to do an adapter so TRV4 heads could be mounted on TRV3 bodies, but I don't know if they are still available or if they would allow the Danfoss head to work. Might be better, in the long run, to change the TRV3 body to a Danfoss one.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back