trying to source white sand for polished concrete patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i can only find FINE white sand ,scared it will crack, i want to try and build a white sand ,white aggregate,white cement polished patio 18sq m in london,any help would be great ,many thanks in advance.dave

Sponsored Links
Go to the local merchant.MKM in lincoln stocks it all price is a shock though.I added colour Green Blue Red and yellow The yellow went white the blue and green have both gone a bluey/green colour.and its been down all of 10 weeks.Hope you have more luck with white.

Sponsored Links
hi,i can only find FINE white sand ,scared it will crack, i want to try and build a white sand ,white aggregate,white cement polished patio 18sq m in london,any help would be great
Using white fines only and snowcrete/white cement, will cause problems and will likely set soft and also crack.
Not sure you are likely to get the effect you want and if I was you before committing to a bulk buy and pour. I would run some sample test, mix designs and see if it will polish up. Before you make a big mistake.
Dolimite fines are generally nice and white and have good curing strengths, you can get bleached silica sands and might be worth a try with Polar White 8-11mm gravel as your bulk aggregate.

Back