Trying to understand my system - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope you guys can help me :( They built my system and even they don't know how it works.

I will try to give as much info as I can.

Boiler is a Kazis SUN (25-81 kW) running on heating diesel, Link here:
http://www.kazis.gr/articles_list.asp?e_lang_id=1&e_cat_serial=001001002002001&e_cat_id=134

The Boiler is connected to a Controlli Kx436 Climatic controller link here: http://www.controlli.org/admin/php_docs/documenti_prodotti/Kx436_DBL127E.pdf which in turn also controls solar panels that provide hot water

I see that the valves open and close from the (solar water and boiler water)

Here is where I get confused:

1 The boiler has 2 thermostats on it, one is the boiler thermostat and the other is the system circulation thermostat.

Can anone explain what they both do? and an appoximation of what they should be set to?

2. Why does my boiler run during hours when hot water should be provided by the solar panals

Please, please help...

Sponsored Links
I really hope you guys can help me :( They built my system and even they don't know how it works.

I will try to give as much info as I can.

Boiler is a Kazi

Please, please help... [/url]
Bit of a problem with the language M8- A Kazi over here is a toilet :confused: Who the hell are *they* who built the system :rolleyes:

Yes, I remember my grandad using such phrases :) I am actually English myself, just live in Cyprus.

unfortunately you just can't get the proffessional assistance there.

My guess is the system circulation thermostat on the Kazis controls the temperature of the water, but if it dips below the set temperature the boiler does not authomatically switch on, I am now second guessing myself.

Does this help?

According to page 10 the Circulator thermostat controls the pump and should be set to about 35°C.

Looking at the link you gave, the controller you have appears to control the heating only. Where did you get the idea that it controls the hot water and the solar panels?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure, I'm pretty much confused with the whole system to be honest with you. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back