turbomax 242 strange fault!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks have noticed the radiators have been hot over the last few days a good long while after the clock had past its last on time, almost like the boiler was on at that moment.

Everytime I checked the boiler it was off by a few hours....

Until that is, I was outside and heard it fire up. I noticed it was on hot water, despite no hot water running... Now the diverter valve seems fine and is not sticking...

I am certain the micro switch is fine as it was replaced a couple of years ago anyway... I suppose I could replace but I have a feeling something else is going on here.... BTW Divertor has been rebuilt a while ago and operates as it should..

Worried that the boiler is able to heat all radiators up without use of the pump this suggests it is getting very hot and heating the rads via convection alone??

I would appreciate any feedback before I get a heating engineer along :)

Thanks

Olly.

Sponsored Links
I can normally hear the water in the radiators and every time I realise they are very hot there is not that sound. Like I said I need to catch the boiler in the act so I can better observe what it is doing!

Sponsored Links
All ok the micro switch had failed and would stick on. I caught the boiler and pump was running so all is ok now thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back