Turbomax 824e / VUW 242/5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening chaps,

Any info/ help would be really appreciated.

Initial problem, was no / or intermittent H/W, so first things first, rectification problem,, sorted that one out.

Still boiler fires for a short while then goes out ,,, fan ok, APS, ok, gas valve ok, pump and impeller fine.

Venturi in fan , clean , swapped both PCB and thermisters ( as i carry as spares ) still to no avail.

Drained system, not blocked with crap, is it me !!!! and yes i know its Friday the 13th,, but am i missing summut.

Apologies for the way this post has been written, but im kin knackered and this boiler has really ****ed me off today.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, and any witty comments .

Dave.

Ps this problem occurs on C/H aswell as H/W.

Sponsored Links
How long is a short while? Is it getting hot?
Does the burner pressure drop off too far?
What do S & D codes tell you about why it stops?

ChrisR said:
How long is a short while? Is it getting hot?
Does the burner pressure drop off too far?
What do S & D codes tell you about why it stops?

Cheers Chris, about 15/20 seconds as it says in the book "ha" and yes its getting hot , the H/W and C/H too, although its a small system ,, 4 rads, and no i didn't install it either :LOL:

Burner pressure stays static, but doesn't modulate up on H/W demand :confused:

Must admit , didn't check S & D codes. :oops:

Tried ringing Val,, but as usual im still waiting, " Your call is important to us " :rolleyes:

Cheers Dave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back