Turbomax plus CH cones on for 10 seconds then F22.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler starts up, runs for 10 seconds then stops. Actions taken, check and cleaned pump head. ( does run and no debris in inpeller) isolated all but two rads which are i know are clean and tried running and have sentinel x800 the system, when it initially happened i did give the pump a little clout and it worked for a day, then it now never runs for more than 10 seconds and then does the F22 or ocxasionally f24 error coded. I think that leaves debris in PHE or faulty pump, NTCs, PCB or powerflush needed. Any ideas guys, have i missed anything, Next step is engineer but just posting this first for any reaction. Many thanks, HNY!!!

Sponsored Links
If I have the correct model ,above the pump is a micro switch that should make and break when pump starts/ stops is this happening

Sponsored Links
Some boilers detect the pump running when they sense a rise in pressure, watch the boiler pressure when it starts up and see does it rise by say 0.25/0.5bar.

thank you for your reply, no change on pressure gauge whatsover.

Sorry, should have been more specific, the model is 824e

Thanks, should have been more specific, removed the x800 after a day.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I have now established that the pump is not running when boiler fires up and dont think its capacitor as still doesnt run with a nudge. Cant ascertain if pump is receiving voltage but believe so as boiler goes through all other motions correctly then cuts out after 15 secs with f22.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back