Turbomax Pro 24e lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Vaillant Turbomax Pro 24 e combi has for the second time in 2yrs had this problem. Lockout light lit hence no heat or water. Last year the boiler had a new airpressure switch fitted costing £140 by an engineer, also had a new gas control section costing me £231 6 mths later. Its costing me a fortune!

I can often get the boiler to ignite after pressing the reset a few times but this seems to be getting more difficult to do. The boiler has had this lockout light lit for the past 3 mornings now despite being set to come on for the heating. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as i don't fancy spending unnecessarily.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Various things could cause a lockout, but if by the time you arrive the beast is thoroughly cool and ostensibly ready for action, it should at least Reset. You may have to hold the button in for a couple of seconds - check the manual on that.
But if it won't , it's sounding pcb ish. Owch£.

When you do get it to reset, is there a particular point where it fails, eg does the fan start but the burner fail to light?

Oops, Chris below has pointed out that I misread your model hence edit to correct.

These boilers are relatively straightflorward but a failure to ignite will probably need a CORGI engineer.

In my experience a failure to light up from cold in the morning is often caused by the gas valve sticking. Vaillant have heard of cold pumps failing to start rotating when cold if there is fine dirt in the system though.

You might find that Vaillant will give some form of guarantee on the boiler if they repair it.

I assume that the gas supply is OK and a gas cooker shows the supply pressure is stable when the boiler starts?

Tony

Sponsored Links
It seems to fail at the end of the reset attempt, i can here the fan kick in but on it's third attempt it goes to lock out so i have to restart the reset procedure.

What is the PCB? Any idea on cost here?

My gas supply is ok as far as I know, i have a gas hob and not noticed anything with that.

PCB is the electronic control "brain".

Quite expensive at about £140 perhaps.

I doubt that its the PCB yet. Several other parts to check first!

Tony

In case I wasn't clear - if you have to press the reset "several times" just to get it to reset that is sounding pcbish. If you mean that you're resetting it several times so it has several goes at lighting, then the problem is more likely to be elsewhere. Could be almost trivial, but it's corgi stuff.

Thanks for your input here, i'm going to leave the boiler on constant overnight but the radiator dial to off to see if it still produces hot water in the morning. will this prove anything?

Expect I'll still have to phone an engineer though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back