turf lifter hire.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after building an extension last year our lawn ia way past trying to save.
i was going to hire a turf lifter to take up the old stuff and ditch it to make way for a new lawn.
has anyone used one of these machines and are they any good?
cheers

Sponsored Links
waste of time and youre generating watse to dispose of and pay for getting rid of. Hire a rotovator or cultivator. It will turn the grass back into the soil and help to improve it. It will loosen it up to help remove any ghard pan areas. You can then rake it level and put a levelling soil over the top. Much better result

I must admit I had lots of trouble with the one I hired. I got the impression that it was primaryly because the ground was so hard.

If you are going to hire one suggest you water the lawn well for a good few days before hand

It always looked easy in this video though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V0t_Gy7ubM

Sponsored Links
I have used turf cutters a few times. They are aesy to operate.
Not on hard ground maybe.
When I have done work like this, I remove the turf then rotovate and level. Or add any contours you may want. Then top up with topsoil if necessary. .Spend some time doing this using a rake and spasle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back