Turkey shortage averted....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We had an excellent turkey from the local butcher, and I can't help noticing the shop shelves are still well stocked.

It's official, there'll be no Turkey shortages this Christmas.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...poultry-council-turkey-shortage-b1957731.html

So, that's the tanker driver panic over. Now the Turkey panic is over. A new continental meat stand in my local supermarket. Something must be working. Anything else we should be worrying about because of Brexit?
Don’t forget the bog roll, plaster, cement timber and fuel shortages over

====================
No more about vaccinations/infections in this thread please.
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's official, there'll be no Turkey shortages this Christmas.
If my observations doing pre Christmas shopping is representative, there were a great many people buying alternatives: chicken, beef, hams, duck goose and an extraordinary number of vegan dishes were in trolleys.

There has been an explosion of vegan food available in supermarkets, pubs, cafes, chain restaurants etc....

====================
No more about vaccinations/infections in this thread please.
Mod.

Agreed, pictures of Turkeys only.....

istockphoto-1272358091-612x612.jpg

Something went wrong in the turkey trade this year

turkeys.jpg

"ROTTEN LUCK
Christmas dinners ruined by ‘rancid’ gone off turkeys from Aldi, Tesco and Sainsbury’s

FURIOUS customers have complained their Christmas dinners were ruined by turkeys which turned out to be "rotten".

Birds for the big day from top supermarkets were found to be green, slimy and stinky by some unlucky families on December 25"

https://www.google.com/search?q=rotten+rancid+turkeys+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I wonder if it was connected with shortages of skilled workers in the slaughtering, preparation, warehousing and chilled delivery sectors?

Something went wrong in the turkey trade this year

View attachment 255465

"ROTTEN LUCK
Christmas dinners ruined by ‘rancid’ gone off turkeys from Aldi, Tesco and Sainsbury’s

FURIOUS customers have complained their Christmas dinners were ruined by turkeys which turned out to be "rotten".

Birds for the big day from top supermarkets were found to be green, slimy and stinky by some unlucky families on December 25"

https://www.google.com/search?q=rotten+rancid+turkeys+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I wonder if it was connected with shortages of skilled workers in the slaughtering, preparation, warehousing and chilled delivery sectors?

I’ve noticed use by / best before dates are much shorter for much fresh produce in recent months.

Supply chain delays.

Every year this happens. Better to buy frozen although this year we couldn't find a small one so bought fresh from lidl on 18th and stuck in freezer for 5 days before defrosting. We had rotten turkey from local butchers years ago so changed our buying habits.
Still think you can get unlucky but frozen is safe bet and we can't tell the difference.

Sponsored Links
Back