Turkey/Syria earthquake.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What an awful and tragic event - I can’t even begin to imagine how I would cope if it happened to me and I’d like to think people in other countries would do the same for us. I’m surprised nobody has mentioned it on here yet. I’ve done my small bit and I’m going to take some warm clothes to a local drop off point at the weekend although they reckon it could take some time for that to actually get to them. Apparently the government are matching donations up to the first £5mil plus you get gift aid added to your donation so my donation will be worth £225 by the time those are factored in.

Sponsored Links
You make a good point, perhaps people see it as part of a video game and they'll spring back into life again when they press replay.
The bloodlust in the Ukraine thread is another example, when that Russian tank gets blown up it's a mother's son in there.

Very sad also that Asaad used it as an opportunity to bomb his opponents as they tried to rescue survivors.

Very sad also that Asaad used it as an opportunity to bomb his opponents as they tried to rescue survivors.
Do you have a link for that snippet of info?

The top humanitarian aid agency in the US government has pledged $85m (£70m) in urgent life-saving relief for earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria.

@AuntyBeeb

An earlier report stated this was the second-worst 'quake to hit the region, since a previous disaster in 1939 killed 30,000.
Numbers of around 20,000 dead and up to half a million injured have been quoted but i'm assuming they're estimates.
Those poor souls in Idlib have had a terrible time since the Syrian war began; then ISIS invaded; now the Turks are quibbling over control. Now this.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a link for that snippet of info?

Back