Turn off Texecom Premier Elite 24 for maintainence?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I DIY installed a Texecom Premier Elite 24 into my home and it has been working fine.

I now wish to install a second sounder for the back of the house.

I'm not clear how to power off the AC and battery to the panel so that I can safely work on the wiring.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Why …? Same way you installed it …no need to power off to add extra sounder anyway

Thanks for your reply.

The way I installed it was to connect the battery, kick start the battery and then apply the AC power. Are you saying that doing that in reverse will power it off? i.e. turn off AC then disconnect battery? Will the siren go off if I do this?

Are you also saying that I am okay pulling out or connecting wires to the board terminals while the power is on? i.e. connecting and disconnecting sounders or connecting and disconnecting zones? Are there any precautions I should take if doing this while the power is on?

Sponsored Links
If you are not experienced working near 240v AC, which is present inside the panel and can kill, then you could turn off the AC but leave the battery connected. This would stop the external sounder from going off.

When you are moving wires about take care that the bare ends don't touch places that you don't intend them to; bare ends of other wires, other terminals, the circuit board itself or the battery terminals.

If you are not confident then turn it all off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back