Turn off unvented water heater while on holiday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I have an unvented water heater and I was wondering if it will be a problem if I turn it off while on holiday ? Could it give pressure problems or anything? Thanks, it's first time I have one and I am kind of stressed about it.

Sponsored Links
I always turn our hot water off when we go away - both when it was vented and now unvented. No point heating water while you’re not using it. It’ll be no problem.

No problem with turning it off, but when you come back make sure you heat the cylinder to 65C before using it , this will remove the risk that legionella has formed while you were away

Sponsored Links
Thanks, unfortunately I can't set the temperature, but I guess it's already set at 65C per default, or at least I hope

you can set the temp, post a pic of what you have and we will tell you where you adjust it

20210803_223522.jpg
20210803_223402.jpg

Tried to take photo of the model as well, but it's kind of faded...it's oso unvented water heater direct 125. I don't have any screen, I only have a switch for boost or normal mode. Thanks.

Is this heated by a boiler or immersion heaters?

I think it is by immersion heaters, it works with electricity, no gas

Immersions should be set to 60-65, you’d have to remove the cover. It will expose the electrics, so you need to work safely - dead testing where appropriate.

I don't trust myself to remove the cover and expose the electrics, but thanks for your help ! Much appreciated!

Sorry, In answer to original question, this will be fine turning off for going on holiday, just don’t expect instant/quick hot water when you return.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back