Turn-off valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick qusetion, have some 15mm fitted to my hot and cold feed to the bath/shower and was wondering if they can slow down the rate at which the water flows, only reason I ask is because it seems to take forever to fill the bath. Combi boiler puts out about 17L per min and i`m getting nowhere near that. BTW the mains pressure is more than sufficient. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Combi boiler puts out about 17L per min and i`m getting nowhere near that
That's unusually high flow rate for a combi - what model is it?

15mm pipe won't restrict flow at such low rates anyway. It would help if you could tell us what flow of hot water you are getting.

Its a worcester Greenstar 40CDi, and the flow rate at the mo is about 10L per min.

When was the boiler installed? Has it performed properly previously, particularly last winter?

I will have a look at manual for this one....(have you done the same? What does the fault finding section suggest?)

Sponsored Links
INput filter blocked or "high pressure" taps? Diagnose by checking flow at all taps. (individually and together)

Just checked - the DHW flow rate for this boiler of 17.3 litres/min is with a temp differential of 30C. At 40C it's 14 litres/min. Given the cold weather, incoming cold water is lower and so the 40C differential (e.g. inlet temp 5C, outlet temp 45C) might be more relevant.

The highest flow rate requires a dynamic (running) water pressure at the inlet of 1.7 Bar, which you might not have, even though you say water pressure is good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back