turn on hot water and the central heating also comes on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!! When I turn on the boiler to get hot water I also get the radiators getting hot. I thought it may be the motorised and diverter valve but it still does the same after changing these. Has anybody got any ideas as to what I can do.

Sponsored Links
Radiators hot throughout the house, or just upstairs?

Has it always been like that?

Does it seem to you that the diverter valve is operating, and what hapens when you operate it by hand?

A fully pumped system with a bosch boiler(1 year old) a Landis & staefa REV11 wall stat thermostat and siemens RWB9 controls.

Sponsored Links
radiators get hot downstairs also and we only noticed it this year when we have turned off the central heating but we don`t think it was like this last summer when we moved here. And I have taken the motorised bit off and moved the spindle by hand and the rads still get hot.

Did you replace the part of the valve that has a rubber ball moving round to block the ports?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back