turning off the mains

i can open the covering plate but i dont have a key to open the valve, also if i do open it it will continue to flood, i need to get the gym to get a plumber to find their internal stopcock so the mains can be left on for me to get water while they sort out whatever is causing the problem, as well as my suspicions about the drain blcokage i have been todl in the past that a previous owner of the gym discovered a leak and instead of getting it fixed merely rerouted the leak into the waste pipe. not being a plumber i have no idea whether this is possible or likely but i cant get anyone to investigate it, ive tried the local council,the mp the msp etcetc and no one is interested.

Sponsored Links
Turn the water back on and turn it back off 1/2 hour before the shop opens in the morning then go into the shop and kick up f%&k you've had no water since the day before and demand they get their plumber back to turn your supply back on.

That way you can get washed in the morning and any overnight build up of
water in their shop you know nothing about. ;)

a water key cost about a fiver from the plumbers merchants.
if its a blocked drain they have it will make no difference if the water is on or off!

Whatever the leak/flooding is, it doesn't mean that you should be without some water - as said previously you could have been provided with the opportunity to store some. You can only hope that the plumber will return tomorrow to sort the problem out. In the meantime, I'd advise you to get down to a plumber's merchant and buy a key to enable you (and indeed your neighbours) to have some water tomorrow. You can always turn it off afterwards if the plumber doesn't show.

Sponsored Links
I would just turn it on, and if necessary tip a bag of cement down the hole and shut the cover. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back