No mains water - sure this is illegal?

i guess its been turned off at the road?

can the shop turn off thier stop cock and turn the road tap back on to restore water to the other property?

also where do they stand llegaly if they turn the water back on and to hell with the shop?
;) ;)

Sponsored Links
i would not be happy at all, Keys to the shop should of been left with someone to let a plumber in.

i had a simular issue where the builders dug up the lead mains to my house just before they was finishing for the day. Was about 6-7 pm ish maybe.

Anyway we couldnt get to the stop tap as around 30 ton of soil was sitting on it ready for a early collection by a grab truck.

The builders hammered the lead pipe flat which stopped the leak untill the next day when they was going to return to repair. (i could handle no water for 1 night, however when they dug up the sewer main thats another story!)

Well later on that evening i had a knock on the door from the neighbours telling me there water was off? O ****!

I took it on my self to move the all the soil to get to the stop cock (used the builders mini digger) It was tipping down with rain and i dug away. I managed to uncover the stop tap and turn off the supply so i could attempt a repair. It was maybe gone 11pm but i eventually got the water turned back on. 1st attempt it didnt hold but the secound time round i parked the digger track over the repair and it held, It had a very small leak but it supplied water for showers etc. I also purchased my neighbours bottled water to drink.

Moral of the story, i did my best to get the water on for them rather than them suffer due to my issue.

For someone to bugger off on holiday without giving access etc it really bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back