Neighbour cut off my water.

I really don't think you should have to pay any money to re-instate your supply to be at least as good as it was before. Understandably, you don't want to fall out with your neighbour, but perhaps he needs to pay a different plumber to fix your supply to be as good as it was before, and make his garage connection to his own supply.

If you both really want to have lead pipes replaced, then at least split the cost.

Sponsored Links
one thought just rembered something when i was fitting water meters i needed a blue card would the plumber needed one to cut into the mains since he cut into the water board side as it was not past the tee?

so if can`t get your supply back upto normal report him?

Sponsored Links
Yorkshire water came out today and it turns out neighbour was wrong about stopcock and the one he thought supplied us didn't plus it was'nt seized.
Our supply didn't have a stopcock so Yorkshire water are fitting one FOC. While the guy from YW was checking out the stopcock situation neighbour turned up and it couldn't have worked out better because he virtually repeated what I had told my neighbour earlier that being his plumber had no right to touch my supply and the stopcock and tee off to his garage should be removed from my branch of the supply and fitted into his plus normal bare 15mm copper should not be used underground. Neighbours tune changed from earlier when he tried fobbing me off to being appologetic and promising to get it sorted as soon as the stopcocks in.

So thanks to everyone for the good advice and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back