neighbour water feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Do you know if I can force my neighbour to have his own water suppky without his pipe running through my house?

The supply has got noisier recently and I'd be a lot happy if we both had a separate supply.

I've checked the deeds to the house and there is nothing about the shared water supply.

Regards

Sponsored Links
I think that it is actually covered by old public water supplier legislation dating back to 1931 which may not legally still apply now they are all ( French ) private companies.

Do you want a bit of fun and are you prepared to work on it a bit?

Write a letter to the Water Supplier with a copy to your neighbour. Give them a reasonable notice period, say six weeks, to reroute the supply pipe to your neighbour saying that if its not rerouted by then you are going to "cut and cap the spur to your neighbour in accordance with ther Water Regulations".

In reality only the capping will be in accordance with the Water Regulations but express it that way.

If there is any serious law which they think still applies then they will tell you but in all probability they will just arrange to supply him seperately at no cost to him.

Keep us informed.

Tony

I am s neighbour without a seperate supply because they wanted to charge me about £400 to give me a seperate supply.

hello,

the problem is that the neighbour's supply appears to t off inside my house so if the water board did provide him with a sep supply he would still have to pay to connect his bits to the new supply.
I wonder if he can be forced to pay.

Sponsored Links
You tight ****!!! Why should he pay! The main has proberbly been like it from day one, and been like it proberbly from well before you were born! He didnt put the main there! If its a nuisance to you....you sort it and you pay! Simple as!

He'll have a right to continuity of supply because it has always been there.

I'd get my own supply put in serving my own house.
His suppy might subsequently "develop" a leak and then he'd have to replace it at his cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back