Banging noise when neighbour runs water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I live in a datached bungalow and my plumbing system seems to be ok.However when our neighbour runs his water there is a banging sound in our pipes when he turns the flow on or off. I've tried to alter the pressure with the internal stop cock with no success.

Sponsored Links
You need a shock arrestor

11355.gif

And so does your neighbour.

Easiest way is to fit a vertical length of copper a foot or so long with a stop end on it anywhere on the cold supply. The air trapped in it acts as a shock absorber. problem fixed minimal cost very effective.

cured same problem two weeks ago this way.

Sponsored Links
this was four years ago.....i doubt it's an issue now.

Easiest way is to fit a vertical length of copper a foot or so long with a stop end on it anywhere on the cold supply. The air trapped in it acts as a shock absorber. problem fixed minimal cost very effective.

cured same problem two weeks ago this way.

Ooooooooooooffffffs sharp intake of breath, thats a deadly dead leg against water regs :rolleyes:

Most adults legs are over two feet hence if its shorter than that its classed as a stump, hence its not a leg.
But what would you call the volume on the water side of a shock arrestor aint that a dead stump !

Them shock arresters look good. I have heard of them, but never used one. Where do you fit them, on the incoming mains in thr case of the original poster?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back