Banging noise from pipes/boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferolli F24 boiler.

After about 30 secs of starting up the central heating a loud banging noise occurs (sounds like its coming from pipes into boiler).
The banging noise lasts about 10 secs and then the boiler makes a buzzing noise. The central heating still works okay.
The banging noise occurs everytime the heating is turned on however the buzzing noise sometimes doesn't occur.

I recently let air out the rads and re-pressurised the system.
I also recently had to turn the stop cock off to fix a tap. I think the banging noise may have started after turning off the stop cock.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
Hmmm... was your Boiler/heating on when you turned off the Stop Cock by any chance?

I'm quite sure the heating wasn't on.

I also noticed when turning the heating on today that there was a slight whistling noise just before the banging.

Sponsored Links
recently fitted a towel radiator in my bathroom but when the heating goes off or comes on we get a tapping noise intermittent for the firs ten minute

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back