No mains water - sure this is illegal?

Onetap - I really like those ideas. :)

Are you sure they could claim back the expenses though? I wouldn't like to suggest it to them if there are even any slight doubts. :)

Sponsored Links

Are you sure they could claim back the expenses though? I wouldn't like to suggest it to them if there are even any slight doubts. :)

Water is a basic necessity for life, the fact that the shop owner has taken their supply of water away, he has effected their quality of life, so he should pay for that, I would check where they stand legally with the options Onetap suggested, but it would be what I would want to do in the same circumstance, ensuring it was a top quality hotel

Get some advice from a professional first. Get to a hotel sounds best, dont forget to turn the stop tap back on too.... watch that the tap handle breaks off too.

Get some advice from a professional first. Get to a hotel sounds best, dont forget to turn the stop tap back on too.... watch that the tap handle breaks off too.

You have a wicked and twisted mind .......... but it sounds like a great idea! ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not so much wicked and twisted, just on a par with the shop owner, compare what I am saying to what the heartless, selfish and foolish neighbor of your mothers friend has done. Perhaps she should have a leak before her next holiday and switch the stop tap off!?

I'm sure, but then I'm not a lawyer.

Who do you think is to blame for the shop flooding and the water being turned off? You/he can't blame an 'act of God' or the weather; cold weather is normal in winter.

Try and get some proper legal advice tomorrow, if they can find a lawyer that works between Xmas and New Year.

I'm sure, but then I'm not a lawyer.

Who do you think is to blame for the shop flooding and the water being turned off? You/he can't blame an 'act of God' or the weather; cold weather is normal in winter.

Well, I guess the shop owner could blame the recent very cold weather (which is what caused the burst pipe) but you would have thought that he could have done far more to ensure that my mother's neighbours got their water restored ASAP.

Try and get some proper legal advice tomorrow, if they can find a lawyer that works between Xmas and New Year.

Thanks for the advice, I'll pass that onto them. :)

Not so much wicked and twisted, just on a par with the shop owner, compare what I am saying to what the heartless, selfish and foolish neighbor of your mothers friend has done. Perhaps she should have a leak before her next holiday and switch the stop tap off!?

Yeah, I know, not wicked and twisted - but 'just' revenge. Sounds good to me. :LOL:

Have not read the whole thread, so this might have been suggested.

Turn the stopcock back on, empty half a bucket of water into the void followed by a bag of postcrete.

Have not read the whole thread, so this might have been suggested.

Turn the stopcock back on, empty half a bucket of water into the void followed by a bag of postcrete.

That will give them concrete evidence that you mean business, ;) ;)

Dig a bloody great hole out the front of his shop and cap it off. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back