Turning the water off to a Balterley Spruce bar shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a balterley bar shower c 2008 that has failed. It only supplies scalding hot water. I suspect the thermostatic cartridge is either dirty or failed. The kind folks at Marktwo advise that the cartridge is obsolete (it is the one with grub screw at the bottom). Can anyone advise 1, if it is worth removing the cartridge to clean it. 2. How do i turn the water off to it? It is connected to a Salamander RS75 pump that has isolating valves on it. is it sufficient to switch these to the off position? If I switch off power to the pump will I damage it? If i remove the cartridge, clean & reinstall it and it is still faulty and needs replacing, will leaving the isolating valves switched off be sufficient or will I need a plumber to isolate the water supply. Is replacing with a real bar shower easy? All the fixings are in place at 150 mm. Any assistance gratefully received

Sponsored Links
You can try cleaning it try soaking it in kettle descale but from experience it doesn't always work

You won't damage the pump by turning if off to shut the water turn the isolator valve check the water is off both hot an cold before taking shower apart

If valve is passed cleaning you are on to leave water off at isolator and replacement is easy just make sure you purchase a shower with the same spacing on pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back